Spring is finally here so it’s time to take a deep breath, say goodbye to the dreary winter months and start getting your business ready for some busy months. In case you are wondering what you can do to prepare yourself, here are a few ideas to get you started!
- Check your exterior: If you experienced a particularly rough winter, chances are the outside of your building is a little worse for the wear. Make sure it’s looking shiny and new for the spring season! Add some bright flowers for a nice touch.
- Clean up a bit: After spending the winter cooped up breathing in stale air, there is nothing better than throwing the windows open to let in fresh air and let the spring scents into your business. If you choose to clean counters and vaccuum floors as well, that’s an added bonus!
- Hire new staff: If your business tends to pick up big time in the spring and summer, it might be a good idea to find some extra help. Advertise for a temporary position if you don’t think you’ll be able to use new employees year-round.
- Introduce a new product: Spring is when new flowers are budding, grass is growing and animals are born. Considering the “new” theme of the season, why not introduce something new with your business? Whether it’s a new idea for marketing or a new product, bring something fresh into the business for the spring.
- Storm preparation: Along with gorgeous weather, the spring can also bring about heavy storms. Are you prepared for those situations? What will you do if your power goes out? Do you have everything backed up that needs to be? What is your emergency plan in the case of a tornado? Be sure you go over these items with your staff and make sure everyone is confident in handling scary situations.
- Rearrange: If you don’t feel the need for a major clean or something as drastic as a new product, why not just rearrange a little? This can make things feel new, even if they aren’t.