The past seven days have been insane. MADNESS I tell you. And I think we can all agree with Kevin O’Leary:
Unfortunately, Kevin cannot actually do anything for us. So we must rely on ourselves to get through our feelings of stress and frustration, no matter which team you are on. Here are some things I have been doing, as well as some other ideas I would like to try. I hope they will help you as well!
- Aromatherapy – this might sound hokey to you, but smells really do have such an effect on our moods and feelings. I’m sure everyone can think of a smell that reminds them of a very happy, or maybe very sad time in their life. Smells trigger emotions, and therefore really can have an impact on how we feel. Depending on what I need, I have been combining different ingredients and simmering them on the stove. I especially love the calming effects of lavender (I also used this to make a spray for my son’s pillow to help him fall asleep at night), as well as the energizing effect of orange and mint. Here are some tips on using aromatherapy in your everyday life!
- Yoga – again, maybe not for you, but something that has been working for me like a dream! I joined a yoga studio near my house, but many gyms and even some employers offer yoga classes for members and employees. The combination of stretching, strength building and deep breathing is a great way to calm down and build confidence at the same time. When I walk out of that studio, I always feel better than when I walked in, and that’s enough reason for me to keep doing it!
- Breathing – this is a part of yoga, but also something to concentrate on in your everyday life. When we feel stressed, our breathing becomes more shallow, so it makes sense that deepening our breaths will relieve some of that stress. Try to focus on breathing in for 5 counts, holding it for a few seconds, then taking 5 counts to breath out. Here are some more tips that could be of some help!
- Laughing – seems easy enough, right? But during difficult times, this could be asking a lot. Everyone has a different sense of humor, so find what makes you laugh and let loose! Or maybe call that one friend that always makes you laugh until you cry and share a bottle of wine. This made me laugh out loud the other day, maybe it will do the same for you!
- Delegate – sometimes it all just gets to be too much, and when you are doing everything on your own, it can get downright overwhelming. So ask for help; assign jobs to others; hire new people. If you are a store manager and need facility or maintenance services, call Royal! Whatever it takes, just remember you can’t do it all alone!
These are just a few ideas, but hopefully you will find something that helps you stop the madness in your life and get back on track. And if all else fails,